How early do you have to check in at Virgin?
You can get the check-in done through the online process 24 hours from the time of the scheduled departure. In order to get the check-in done, you can go through the basic policies listed as follows :
- The online check-in window opens 24 hours before the departure time.
- You will have to get the airport check-in for any international flight.
- You cannot opt for web check-in if you want any special assistance.
- If you have pets carried along, you must go through the airport check-in process.
- Once checked in, you cannot hence make any changes to your Virgin Atlantic booking. And if you do not board the flight, a No-Show shall be applicable to your booking.
- For an international flight, you must reach at least three to four hours prior in order to go through the formalities smoothly.
How many hours of check-in for Virgin Atlantic?
The online web check-in portal opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure until 70 minutes before departure. You must reach the airport well in advance if you still need to check in online so that you can get the airport check-in done. In order to know how to chcek-in through the online process, you can go through the process that is explained in the steps below:
- Skim through to the official website of Virgin Atlantic, www.virginatlantic.com.
- Retrieve your booking using the itinerary of booking details.
- On the booking summary page, tap on the menu icon list on the right side.
- Then, click on the check-in option available. Fill out the same form and then go through the process.
- After some time, you will get the boarding pass attached to the mail that you shall receive to your registered email address.
What happens if you don't check in 24 hours before your flight?
You must check-in for the booked flight within 24 hours of the scheduled departure to be able to board the flight for the made booking. You must check in before you can be given a boarding pass, as a result of which you cannot board the flight, a result of which you can also not choose a seat for yourself. The airline will then allot your seat to a standby passenger. Without a boarding pass, you shall then be denied boarding the flight, and you cannot avail of flying on Virgin Atlantic.
Why can't I check in online for Virgin?
You can very easily get the check-in done through the online process. Only if you have an international flight can you not get the check-in done through the online process. For an international trip, you will have to reach the airport and then check in, after which you will also have to go through immigration and security.
Do you get a better seat if you check in early?
Yes, you can get a better seat if you check in early for your flight. The sooner or earlier you check-in, you can get the seat of your choice. You can choose to get through the online check-in, and then you can make the selection of a preferred seat so that you can travel on a seat of your choice.
Do I need to print my boarding pass if I check in online?
You must carry a hard copy of the boarding pass if you have checked in for your trip through the online process. Though the soft copy can also work, you must carry the boarding pass and get it printed out from the airline's counter printed out from the helpdesk present at the airport.
Is it better to check in online or at the airport?
It is actually better if you check in for your flight online so that you can avoid standing in long queues for your flight with the airline. You can get through the easier online process so that the problem can be easier for you.