How do I use a voucher on American Airlines?
You can purchase a new ticket at American Airlines using the voucher. When you are ready to use your voucher, follow the process below.
- Go to the American Airlines website and then the booking page
- Provide details and go ahead wot the booking
- Select the desired flight and follow the onscreen instructions
- On the payment page, choose 'Other forms of payment.'
- Then enter your travel voucher number and the PIN you get via email.
You might use up to 8 travel vouchers at one time. In case the total ticket price exceeds the voucher value, you can pay the remaining balance using the credit card/debit card. If you need help or are not clear, you can also contact an American Airlines representative.
What are American Airlines travel vouchers?
The American airlines travel vouchers are issued as e-vouchers for U.S residents and paper vouchers. It is valid for booking a flight ticket only; you can not use it for extras like seats or bags. Besides, you can use up to 8 travel vouchers per trip. You can use the travel voucher only if you are the holder.
The travel vouchers are valid for one year from the date it is issued. You can use this voucher by visiting the official site of American airlines or by calling the representative.
How long are American Airlines vouchers good for?
Once you get the voucher, it is valid for one year only. After it expires, it will lose value, and you can't use it anytime. You cannot extend the validity of the voucher past the expiry. Besides, these vouchers are non-returnable, non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Can I sell my American Airlines voucher?
You can't sell the American Airlines voucher; it is against the law. If the airline finds you selling your voucher, it will be void. Besides, you can't barter your voucher, advertise to sell it, or use it for promotional or commercial purposes.
American Airline vouchers Terms and conditions
- American airlines vouchers are provided to U.S customers only.
- The vouchers are non-transferable, non-returnable, and Non- refundable. It can't be redeemed for cash, cheque, or credit and has no implied warranties.
- The airline will not accept your voucher if you sell or exchange it, advertise for sale or use it commercially or for promotional purposes.
- The airline will not replace the voucher if you lost it or it got stolen. This will result in deleting, accessing, or forwarding the email containing your voucher number.
- The airline has the right to refuse, void, reject, cancel or hold for review any voucher issues mistakenly in incorrect domination.
- The airline might also reject the voucher if it is issued directly or indirectly in connection with fraudulent claims/ actions, compensation abuse, or any violation of the law.
- The vouchers are valid for one year from the issuance date, and the airline will not re-issue or after the expiration.
- The airline will not entertain any invalid or expired vouchers.
- American Airlines will not accept your voucher having an invalid number or not being able to be located in the American Airlines system.
Can American Airlines eVouchers be used for anyone?
Yes, the recipient of a travel voucher can use it to book flight tickets for themselves and others. However, you cannot sell the vouchers to others.