How do I check in with Southwest?
Southwest Airlines allows passengers to get the best comfort and flight experience with them. The passengers can also proceed with the check-in without visiting the airport online through the official website. The steps to be followed to do the same is simple and quick, as mentioned here for you as follows:
- Get onto the official website of Southwest Airlines and look for the option of check-in from the top tab.
- Enter the PNR number as well as the first and last name of the passenger to proceed further.
- Click on the option to get onto the flight detail page, where you are required to follow the on-screen process to proceed with the check-in.
- You may also get the seat map through which you can choose a preferred seat as per availability.
- You will get redirected to the payment page to make the payment for the seat selection charges.
- Once the prices are complete, the boarding pass will appear on your screen, and you can download it to print it later to proceed towards boarding directly.
How many hours is early check-in for Southwest?
The travelers are allowed to proceed for the check-in of their flight online 24 hours prior to their scheduled departure. However, passengers traveling under the category of any time fare are not allowed to get their boarding position reserved 36 hours before the scheduled departure time.
How do I get my boarding pass for Southwest?
The travelers can check in online 24 hours before their scheduled flight departure to get the boarding pass. They can also get the boarding pass from Southwest Airlines Skycap Podium, ticket counter, or E-ticket Check-in Kiosk, and online through your official email.
How do I check in on my phone for Southwest?
The passengers can also proceed with the check-in through the airline's mobile app. All they need to do is follow the steps mentioned here for you as follows.
- Open your mobile app menu, and look for the check-in process by selecting the top left corner.
- The passengers have to follow the on-screen process to complete the check-in process.
- The check-in process is free, but you have to pay the seat selection fees if you select a seat per your preference.
- Once the check-in is complete, you'll receive a boarding pass on your registered email address as well as on your screen.
- Download the boarding pas to show it at the airport, and you'll be good to go.
How do I use Southwest Airlines early check-in?
The passengers can use the early check-in option online through the airline's official website, through their mobile app, by Kiosk machine, or by visiting the airport at check-in time.
Why can't I check in with early bird on Southwest?
If the passengers have purchased an anytime fare within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, they are not allowed to receive the Early Bird Check-in benefit. The passengers traveling under early bird ticket are allowed to proceed for check-in 36 hours prior to the departure, and they will also get assigned the best available boarding position at the time of re-accommodation. They don't even have to take the burden to proceed with the check-in as the airline will automatically let them in under the early bird check-in program.