How Can I Get Help at The Airport?
There are many times when the passengers require some sort of help at the airport. If you need any assistance while traveling, then you can reach the customer help desk at the airport. Often while making a reservation, people are confused about many things, but the one issue that troubles them the most is "How can I get help at the airport?" If you are also looking for this answer, then the solution is quite easy. You can directly go to the assistance points at the airport. They can be easily located either on the terminal or outside the terminal. You will find them by a specific logo, or you can use the call booth to reach them.
- If the passenger has any medical or mobility issues, they can request special assistance at least 48 hours before boarding by reaching the customer care service of the airport.
- If someone requires it, then they can even request someone to escort them through the airport.
- If any child is traveling alone, then they will also be provided with the required assistance requested by their guardian.
At most airports, there are volunteers who can help you to navigate to the required assistance points
Is special assistance at the airport free?
Special assistance is only made available to the customers under the following conditions:
- A person with a physical disability
- A person with reduced mobility
So if someone with the same issue has doubts, Is special assistance at the airport free? Then they should know that special assistance at the airport is not free, and customers need to pay charges. But if they make arrangements before 48 hours, then there are chances to get the service free of cost. Also, if any person chooses to make a request for special assistance to any particular airline at the time of flight booking, then they will provide a wheelchair free of cost according to their special assistance policies. It must be kept in mind that special assistance policies vary from airline to airline.