How do I check the status of my Copa refund?
Copa Airlines provides flexible refund policies to its passengers worldwide. If, for some reason, you are not able to make your trip, you can opt to cancel your Copa ticket and apply to get a refund anytime.
After applying for the refund, the airline generally takes 7-20 days to process it. Besides, you can also check the refund status at your end in case of a delay. How do I check the status of my Copa refund? It's quite simple. However, if you don't know, here is the procedure below for your reference.
Easy steps to check the refund status of Copa Airlines
- Go to the official site of Copa airlines and click on the 'contact us' option on the homepage.
- You need to click on the refund link, and you will jump to the new page
- Now you get two options to select; proceed with the second one that says' apply for a refund.'
- You will get a link 'Complete the refund status for' click on it
- The screen displays a form like structure; fill in every detail
- Once you fill in all the required details, click on the submit button on the screen.
Once you submit the refund status check form, you get important information related to the flight refund status. In addition to the online procedure above, you can also call Copa Airlines phone number and request them to provide a refund status. Now let's check out further and learn about the airline's refund policy to avoid any penalties and stress at the last minute.
The refund policy of Copa airlines
- Copa airlines provide refunds only for eligible ticket and options services once the airline receives any request along with required documents.
- Ticket refunds are subjected to the dare rules applied at the booking time.
- The airline does not provide refunds for products and options services.
- If any ticket is non-refundable, you can use it as a payment method to purchase a new ticket, where the passenger's name should be the same as the original one.
- If you use the ticket completely, you can't apply for a refund.
- Partially used tickets may or may not be refundable depending on the rule applied.
- You also get a refund if your flight is cancelled or your itinerary is delayed for more than 4 hours.
- You can get a refund for the tickets in the country where it is purchased
- You can get the refund in the same form of payment and currency as purchased
- As per fare rules applied, you might have to pay some fee to process the refund. Besides, the airport and county taxes are not qualified for the refund.
- In case of the death of passengers, the refund will be granted as per Copa refund policy. It is mandatory to provide the death certificate of passengers in that case.
The above policies are applied to the ticket you purchase directly from the Copa airlines website, contact center, and ticket counter. However, if you purchased a ticket from any third party or travel agent, you can speak to the agency directly for a refund.
Copa Airlines customer service
So reading the information above, you must be clear about how to check the refund status of Copa Air anytime. Besides, if you need additional information or are stuck at any point, speak to the Copa Airlines customer service. You can use several contact options available on the support page to reach out to Copa airlines' representatives.