Rules: Asiana Airlines Refund or Cancellation
Canceling your ticket is just one part of the work. When your trip gets canceled due to unavoidable circumstances, you have to apply for cancellation, which is just half of the work. You also had to apply for a refund and follow the refund status. This is a tiresome process and takes a lot of your time. But don't worry! You will learn about Asiana Airlines' cancellation and refund policies in this article.
Asiana Airlines Cancellation Policy
- According to the cancellation policy, if you have purchased a basic economy Asiana Airlines ticket, you are not allowed to cancel the ticket for a refund after the 24-hour safe period from when your ticket was booked.
- If you have bought a refundable or flex ticket, then you can cancel before the departure time, and you will be reimbursed on your original payment method.
- Suppose you have bought an Asiana nonrefundable ticket. In that case, you will be needed to pay the penalty for domestic tickets and international tickets, which will depend on how long your journey, fare type, and location. Thereafter, you will receive the rest of your fare, minus the fee, in the form of an e-Credit for use on a future booking of an Asiana Airlines flight.
- If your flight is delayed for more than three hours, you are eligible to cancel your flight without paying any penalty.
Asiana Airlines Refund Policy
- If the airline canceled your flight due to overboard or any technical issue, your full refund would be credited to your original payment bank account.
- If you are canceling the flight due to health concerns or the death of a passenger, then you are eligible to get a full refund. You need to submit the supporting documents to the airline.
- You can cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of the purchase and will get a full refund for it, but your departure date should be after seven or more days.
- If you are canceling your refundable and nonrefundable flight ticket within 24 hours window, then you are eligible to get a full refund.
- Canceling refundable tickets after will get a refund with a deducted cancellation fee.
- You will receive travel points for canceling a nonrefundable ticket after 24 hours.
Asiana Airlines Cancellation Fee
It will cost you $100-$500 if you make a cancellation request after 24 hours of the risk-free window. If your ticket is not eligible for a refund, the airline will provide you with travel points for future use.
Time for Refund
It would take approx 7-10 working days for the refund to get credited to your account if you had made a payment from an online card- credit or debit. And if you have made payment through cash or cheque, it will take 15-20 days for the refund to get credited.