How do I add a pet to my flight reservation?
Assume you have booked a flight with any Airline, and you want to carry your pet with you because you never leave your dog alone, so do not worry. Every Airline allows their passengers to carry their pets with them, but for that, there are some policies that passengers must know if they are flying with their pets. So, to know the answer to How do I book a flight for my pet and me? You can read the information that we are giving below.
Explain the procedure for a flight to my flight reservation.
There is no need to worry if you want to add a pet to your flight. You can follow a simple procedure for that. We are mentioning the procedure you can read to clear your doubts.
- Go to the Airline's website.
- Then mention your login id and password.
- Now click on the book for a flight.
- And enter your departure and destination, and select the date of departure.
- Complete the ticket booking formalities, and you will get an option that adds more services.
- When you click on that, the webpage will show you services that you can add.
- You need to select add a pet option.
- Give them your pet's documentation, like a vaccination certificate and everything.
- After that, pay for the pet's reservation.
- And you have done it successfully.
What are the policies for adding a pet to a flight?
Read the pet policy that we are mentioning below if you want to carry your pet on your journey.
- The pet should be eight weeks or above if you want to carry that, and the weight should not be more than 9 kg.
- If the pet is small, then carry it in a cage and it should not be out and remain under the seat.
- If your pet is transferred into cargo, then the weight should be 75 kg, and that includes the weight of the pet and the cage.
- The rates of the pet's flight ticket vary depending on the flight type and distance that is covered by the flight.
- If you want to carry a pet below eight weeks or if your dog is pregnant, then Airlines don't allow you to carry them with you.
- You need to carry every document of your pet, like their vaccination certificate, etc., submit them at the time of booking as well as carry them with you.
- If your pet is aggressive, then you are not allowed to carry them in a cabin. They will be transferred to carry-on luggage.
- A person can carry only two pets with a single flight ticket. The Airline won't allow you more than that.
How much does it cost to add a pet to a flight?
The cost to add a pet to a flight starts from $50, and it can go up to $500. It totally depends on the size of your pet and cage as well as the type of your journey. You need to check with your Airline if you want to carry your pet with you.
Are pet reservations required?
Yes, you need to reserve your pet seat if you are traveling with any Airline because the Airline makes arrangements for that.