Does Alaska Airlines give you a free checked bag?
Yes, while traveling with Alaska airlines, you will get multiple facilities, and a free checked bag is one of them. There are a few situations where you will get the opportunity to avoid the checked baggage fee. The number of free checked bags will vary as per your seat type. Still, in every booking, you can carry one checked bag without paying any charges. But the weight of that checked bag needs to be under 32 kg; if the weight is surpassed, then you will need to pay the charges.
How many free bags can you take on Alaska Airlines?
The number of bags you can carry without paying any charges will vary as per the seat type, and if you want to know about that, you can read below.
- If you have eligible Alaska airlines visa card holders, you can carry one bag without paying charges, and the second bag charges are applicable.
- If you have the Alaska airlines gold membership, club 49 member, or mileage plan, you can carry two checked bags without paying any fee.
- The passenger traveling solely with Alaska airlines can carry three checked bags and will not need to pay any charges.
- If you are an active or retired US military personnel, you can carry five checked bags without paying charges, but you must show all the genuine documents.
Can you take a backpack and a carry-on Alaska Airlines?
You can take a backpack, briefcase, and carry-on bag while traveling with Alaska airlines. The carry-on bag must be in that shape or size and easily fit under the seat or upper head cabin. The carry-on bags weighing up to 22 pounds; you must pay the cost if the weight is accessed.
How do I avoid baggage fees on Alaska Airlines?
There are several modes available by which you can avoid the fee of your baggage, and if you do not have information about those ways, you have to read below.
- Avoid extra bags: Alaska Airlines allows you to carry one bag without paying charges, so try to manage all your items in only one bag.
- Make your travel within Alaska: Passengers traveling within Alaska through Alaska airlines can carry checked bags without paying any charges.
- Military Departments: Several passengers are serving their duty in the US military and defense departments; those passengers can avoid the charges on checked bags after showing their relevant job documents.
- Follow their baggage policies: You need to follow the Alaska airlines baggage policies and carry your luggage as per the weight allowance of Alaska airlines.
- Earn miles: While traveling with Alaska airlines, you redeem several points, or when you create an account on Alaska airlines, you earn miles or points; you can earn those miles to avoid baggage fees.
- Medical assistance: If you have any medical issue due to which you have to carry access luggage, then you need to show the relevant documents and get free baggage.
How much does it cost to check a bag at Alaska?
The baggage fee you need to pay will vary as per the flight route, destination, and seat type. Still, you can carry the first bag for free, but you must pay around 35 to 45 USD for the second bag. If you want to carry more than two, you must pay about 90USD to 110USD.
How big can a carry-on bag be for Alaska Airlines?
The dimension of the carry-on bags need to be under 22'x14'x9', but if the dimension gets access, then you can not carry that bag as a carry-on bag, and you need to send it through checked luggage. The weight of your carry-on bag has to be under 22 pounds.